The Mighty Networks is a virtual platform – home to the inSPIREd Happier Center.
A Mighty Network is a vibrant community that creates and masters something interesting and meaningful together. It’s a place where you can achieve the results and transformations that are hard to create on your own, where members feel accepted and that anything is possible.
In the case of the inSPIREd Happier Center, we are coming together to create positive changes in our own lives and to create a ripple effect of positive change within our sphere of influence. That meaningful change is different for every individual but the desire to do it is what brings us together.
We do this through weekly lessons or activities, live group sessions, monthly themes and challenges, courses, and discussion using research based practices from Wholebeing Positive Psychology and Happiness Studies as our foundation.
Is the inSPIREd Happier Center filled with “toxic positivity”, rainbows and butterflies?
We are based in grounded optimism and we aspire to elevate the positive in our lives on a daily basis. Happiness is subjective. There is no agreed upon definition. (I’ll talk about this in an upcoming blog) For now, I will share this. At the inSPIREd Happier Center, we will pursue the elements of wellbeing that make us happier.
- Spiritual: living mindfully and purposefully, finding a sense of meaning in our lives
- Physical: taking care of our bodies and tapping into the mind-body connection
- Intellectual: exercising our minds, challenging ourselves, being curious and open to new learning
- Relational: making connections, nurturing relationships with ourselves and with others
- Emotional: honoring all of our feelings (even the painful ones), finding balance, cultivating positive emotions like joy, gratitude and fun, and enjoying those pleasurable emotions for longer periods of time.
We give ourselves permission to be human and permission to be magnificent!
*The SPIRE model of wholebeing happiness was created by Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar, Dr. Maria Sirois, and Meghan McDonough at the Wholebeing Institute.
Is the inSPIREd Happier Center for everyone?
If you had asked me this months ago, the answer would have been yes. Most people would say that they could use a little more happiness in their lives. But, most people are not at a point in their lives where they are actively seeking some kind of change. They are not feeling compelled to spend the time making those changes.
Who is the inSPIREd Happier Center for?
Here are some examples:
- You’re at a transition point in your life and feeling unsure or off balance. Marriage, divorce, leaving a career, starting a career, thinking about changing careers, just graduated and don’t know what to do next, empty nester, new parent, parent of a teen (well, that can be in a category all by itself!), etc.
- You want to make a change but feel stuck or paralyzed by fear.
- You sometimes ask yourself… is this as good as it gets? Am I living my best life?
- You have a big goal in mind and want strategies to help you along the way and the support of a community as you pursue it.
- You are curious about Positive Psychology and Happiness studies because you want to apply it to your life and use it with those you live and work with.
- You need to balance all the toxic negativity we are dealing with! You are ready to pursue other options in order to move towards more positivity in your life.
If any of those things resonate, this might be the place for you. The grand opening of our virtual space is January 1! We’re kicking off the new year with a focus on your signature strengths. What are they? Why are they so important? How do we build on them? How can you use yours to overcome challenges and thrive?
Hope to see some of you on the “inside”.
Check it out: inspiredhappiercenter.com
FB: inSPIREd Happier Center